Thursday, June 30, 2011

Buff Femmes For The Win

(Forgive the dirty hallway mirror)

Tuesday afternoon I returned home from a busy but celebratory morning of errand-running. A long-term project I recently completed is in someone else's hands now, and while I was waiting for my early afternoon appointment I bought myself a new summer dress. I bought it partly to celebrate this minor accomplishment, partly because it was an already cheap dress on sale, and partly because this is a "poofy"-fitting style of short dress that I never would have felt comfortable wearing before my recent weight loss and body transformation. I came home excited to try it on again and took a picture in my hallway mirror. Since I can't do much of anything without joking in the act, I went full-on Schwarzenegger after the first cutesy pose. BAM: evidence of my hard work!

Marmot & I have had unusually packed and inflexible schedules for the past few days, and haven't been able to fit a trip to the gym between our other obligations. (We bicycle everywhere and do push ups at home, but let's be serious: that's nowhere near enough.) We're getting back on track tonight, so keep your fingers crossed that I don't hurt myself again!

1 comment:

  1. you're so cute, rocking your poofy dress. again, the arms. what's the emoticon for jealous face and eager exerciser?

    good luck tonight at the gym honey!

    ReplyDelete