Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Video tour: Leg Day

The Marmot and I brought our wee little digital video recorder to the gym yesterday, for not-one-rep-max leg-day form-checking. It's helpful to review the video afterward; even though we watch each others' form carefully, some lifts, especially full-body lifts like dead lift and squat, are so complex it's hard to see everything. For instance, I noticed that my knees tend to cave inward just a teeny bit when doing dead lifts. Marmot mostly watches from the side, to be sure my back doesn't curve, so having the recording from different angles is super helpful. You can see that Mr. Marmot is much more agile than I am; I'm still learning to jump quickly, it's so much harder than it would seem!

The videos are none too attractive, especially since the temporary summer gym has no air conditioning and it was a muggy 80 degrees yesterday, but if you're ever curious what we mean when we say "one-handed farmer carry," you've got video examples. More below the jump!



May 23, 2011


Warm Ups:
20 toe-touch deep squats
20 spider man lunges
15 barbell squats (just the olympic bar, 45lbs)

Marmot, Back Squat
185lbs x 5; 205lbs x 5; 215lbs x 5 (video below)






















Pancho, Back Squat
105lbs x 5; 115lbs x 4 (video below); 125lbs x 3



























Marmot, Dead Lift
225lbs x 5; 245lbs x 5; 255lbs x 3 (video below); 260lbs x 2



Pancho, Dead Lift
135lbs x 5; 155lbs x 5 (video below); 165lbs x 2



Marmot:
2-Hand Farmer Carry (40lbs per hand), 2 laps; 20 box jumps } x 3



Pancho:
2-Hand Farmer Carry (35lbs per hand), 2 laps; 20 box jumps  } x 3



At this point, I'm exhausted and make an aside:





Marmot:
1-Hand Farmer Carry (40lbs), 2 laps per hand; 20 knee-chest jumps  } x 3




Pancho:
1-Hand Farmer Carry (35lbs), 2 laps per hand; 20 knee-chest jumps  } x 3




1 comment:

  1. GOD. DAMN. HOW THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT.

    When I was watching the lifting videos, i had this crying laughing pouring out of me. And when I was watching the box jump and knee-chest jumps, my mouth was hanging open because now I know what that is. AND when you were doing the very last knee-chest jump, I know what that took.

    Y'all are beautiful when you lift. Thank you for posting the videos!

    ReplyDelete